Think of your roof as the protector of everything in your home or business. Take care of your roof, and it will take care of you and your belongings! Regular maintenance is a good investment and can save you from expensive repairs down the road. Following are some tips to take care of your roof all year round!
1. Clean off debris which tends to hold water and causes deterioration. Debris can collect behind all penetrations like pipes, chimney, skylights and in valleys where roof sections meet at an angle.
2. Inspect the flashing to ensure it is solid and not deteriorating. Seal if need be, removing all old caulk and scrubbing the area clean.
3. Replace any damaged shingles.
4. Clean, inspect and secure the gutters. Replace them if they are deteriorating and have holes.
5. Prune trees branches that touch or hang over your roof. This keeps any branches from rubbing on your roof and also keeps squirrels and other climbing animals away from your house or business.
6. If you have any serious damage, hire a roofing contractor for an inspection.
Consider hiring a licensed roofing contractor like Alliance Roofing Company to do a roofing inspection. We know what to look for and will give you recommendations on repairs and upgrades. An inspection is a great source of information for you as a home or business owner. Roofing care is a good investment! Roofing problems can be prevented with regular inspections and routine maintenance. If you have ever experienced it, you’ll know that water coming out of the ceiling is a home or business owner’s worst nightmare!